You have one the most important jobs in our Church's ministry, helping lay a firm foundation in the lives of our babies & toddlers as you interact with them. You may also be their parents' very first impression of First Baptist Church.
- The Schedule is made quarterly and is posted by the Toddler Side Bulletin Board.
- Volunteers are asked not to serve if coming down with cold or other illness.
- Please switch with another volunteer if unable to serve & notify Nursery Coordinator of your replacement.
- Volunteers under 17 may serve with an adult on a limited basis.
- Volunteers should arrive 15 minutes prior to start of service. The timely arrival of volunteers is crucial for a smooth & gentle transition between services. The children will be cared for by a new set of people and may become scared or confused. It is very important to have 10:30 service volunteers ready to welcome parents & children as the 9:00 volunteers leave.
- ALL Children's Volunteers must wear an ID Badge.
- Nursery Volunteers must sign on the Sign-In Sheet.
- Have 1 volunteer assigned to greet & help parents complete Sign-In Sheet and check bags for labels.
- The other volunteers should welcome children and help put them at ease as they bring them into the Nursery.
- Please keep coffee out of Nursery and leave on counter. No coffee at all would be best.
- Parents must fill out Sign-In Sheet at Drop-Off and time out at Pick-Up.
- Write child's full name on label & place on child.
- Parents KEEP back non-stick part of label as their ID Tag to claim child at pick-up.
- Parents must leave their cell number or take an FBC beeper should we need to contact them.
- Assign Hook Numbers on the Sign-In Sheet to child's belongings.
- Parents are to drop-off children over the counter or through the door if child is walking.
- Parents should not enter Nursery unless absolutely necessary to ease child. Check-In can be hectic and the less people in the room the better.
- Visitors fill out info card & receive Parent Guide.
Beeper #22 pages the Nursery Coordinator.
Beeper directions are above transmitter unit.
DIAPER CHANGING PROCEDURE
- Wear gloves when changing diapers.
- Use liners on changing pads. Wipe down pad if necessary and dispose of liner.
- Dispose of soiled diaper into its own garbage bag.
- Extra diapers are in both rooms if needed.
- Use Ziploc bags for soiled clothing.
SNACK PROTOCOL-TODDLER SIDE
- Cheerios are the only acceptable snack at this age for safety & allergy reasons.
- Never serve snack randomly. Serve only once & to everyone at the table.
- Wash child's hands with sanitizer before serving.
- Pray and all say "Amen".
- Call 911 in extreme emergencies & notify parent by beeper or cell phone.
- First-Aid Book is located under the Infant Side & Toddler Side front counters.
- CPR Posters are located by diaper changing stations in both rooms.
- Band-Aids & Instant Ice Packs are in drawer under diaper changing station.
- Wear gloves when skin is broken.
- Fill out an accident report & leave with Sign-In Sheet.
- Fill out Parent Notification Sheet & give to parent at pick up.
- Fill out an Accident Report & leave with Parent/Volunteer Sign-In Book.
Children should not enter the nursery with:
- Any degree of fever in last 24 hours
- Vomiting or diarrhea in last 24 hours
- Eye or ear discharge
- Yellow-ish or green nasal discharge
- Chronic or loose cough
- Acute diseases i.e. Pinkeye, Chicken Pox
- Skin Infections
Children on antibiotics should be on the drug for at least 24 hours before to coming into Nursery.
Nursery Volunteers are not allowed to give medication of any kind.
For fire evacuations, remain calm, count children & take Sign-In Book. Only Trustees may arrive to assist with evacuation. Follow the posted exit route. Parents will be instructed to collect children outside.
For Power Outages, Tornadoes or Earthquakes, locate flashlight, remain calm and refer to posted procedures.
- Parents must get children. No siblings under 18.
- Parents need to write the Time-Out on the Sign-In Sheet.
- ID Tags be MUST be matched & beepers returned BEFORE the child is released.
NO TAG - NO CHILD - NO EXCEPTION
- This is the only way to ensure the safety of the children.
- Many volunteers will know the parents but this procedure must be adhered to.
- Keep in mind visitors & new attendees need to know we care for their child and would never release children to just anyone.
Remember: please take your time to assist parents in signing-in properly. Do not rush even if there is a short line. Parents should appreciate your thoroughness in helping to ensure their child's safety.
CLEAN UP PROCEDURE
Complete after 9:00am and 10:30am Morning Services, Evening Services, Bible Studies & Special Events.
- Mouthed Toys: As toys are mouthed place in Dirty Toy bin. Twenty minutes before end of service wash with sanitizer, let dry & return to appropriate bins.
- Used Linens: Place used linens (blankets, sheets, burp cloths) in Laundry Basket.
- Wipe Equipment: Wipe down & spray with sanitizer as needed.
- Sink Area: Keep sink area clean and dry.
- Sweeper: Vacuum as needed. Infant Side has a vacuum in the closet. A sweeper is located in Toddler Side by hooks.
- Garbage: Dispose of garbage bags outside in the dumpster behind church per Health Code.
Thank you for reading the policies & procedures in this guide book. Your cooperation with them will help continue to make the FBC Nursery a safe and enjoyable place for our children.
Whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it as unto the Lord. Colossians 3:17